EmpER 2022 will be held fully online in conjunction with ER 2022 from October 17th to 20th.
Conceptual modeling has enjoyed substantial growth over the past decades in diverse fields such as Information Systems Analysis, Software Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, Business Analysis and Business Process Engineering. A plethora of conceptual modeling languages, frameworks and systems have been proposed promising to facilitate activities such as communication, design, documentation or decision-making. Success in designing a conceptual modeling system is, however, predicated on demonstrably attaining such goals through observing their use in practical scenarios. At the same time, the way individuals and groups produce and consume models gives raise to cognitive, behavioral, organizational or other phenomena, whose systematic observation may help us better understand how models are used in practice and how we can make them more effective.
Aim and Topics
We aim at bringing together researchers and practitioners with an interest in the empirical investigation of conceptual modeling systems and practices. The workshop invites both reports on specific finished, on-going, or proposed empirical studies, as well as theoretical, review, and experience papers about empirical research in conceptual modeling. Examples of contributions include but are not limited to:
- Complete, on-going or planned empirical studies in Conceptual Modeling
- Literature Reviews on empirical research in Conceptual Modeling
- Theoretical/philosophical positions on empirical Conceptual Modeling
- Discussions/positions on statistical and methodological issues
- Lessons learned from past studies
Paper submission: 15 June 2022 04 July 2022
Author notification: 12 August 2022
Camera-ready Version: 26 August 2022
These deadlines are 23:59 Anywhere on Earth Standard Time (AoE).
Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for Word, for the preparation of their papers. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. In addition, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form. The corresponding author signing the copyright form should match the corresponding author marked on the paper. Once the files have been sent to Springer, changes relating to the authorship of the papers cannot be made.
Papers shall be limited to no more than 10 pages in LNCS format (including figures, references, etc.). The EmpER’22 accepted papers will be published within the ER Workshop proceedings, in the Springer LNCS Series. At least one of the authors for each accepted paper must be registered and attend the conference for paper presentation.
Sumbissions are handled in EasyChair.
- João Araujo, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Dominik Bork, TU Wien, Austria
- Miguel Goulão, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Sotirios Liaskos, York University
- Robert Buchmann (Babeș-Bolyai University - Romaina)
- Jordi Cabot (Open University of Catalonia - Spain)
- Michel Chaudron (Eindhoven University of Technology - The Netherlands)
- Neil Ernst (University of Victoria - Canada)
- Marcela Fabiana Genero Bocco (University of Castillia - La Mancha - Spain)
- Antonio Garmendia (JKU Linz - Austria)
- Sepideh Ghanavati (University of Maine - USA)
- Andrea Herrmann (Heidelberg University - Germany)
- Katsiaryna Labunets (Utrecht University - The Netherlands)
- Lin Liu (Tsinghua University - China)
- Jan Mendling (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - Germany)
- Raimundas Matulevičius (University of Tartu - Estonia)
- Ana Moreira (Universidade NOVA de Lisboa - Portugal)
- Xavier Le Pallec (University Lille 1 - France)
- Jeffrey Parsons (Memorial University - Canada)
- Oscar Pastor (Universidad Politécnica de Valencia - Spain)
- Geert Poels (Ghent University - Belgium)
- Jan Recker (University of Hamburg - Germany)
- Ben Roelens (Open Universiteit - Belgium)
- Carla Silva (Universidade Federal de Pernambuco - Brazil)
- Manuel Wimmer (JKU Linz - Austria)